Welcome to McCoy Peterson, Ltd.
Experience. Respect. Results.
The Experienced Choice
The attorneys at McCoy Peterson, Ltd. have decades of combined experience in pursuing justice for people injured by automobile collisions, defective products, unsafe construction sites or practices, motorcycle accidents, and many other causes.
We serve the legal interests of individuals injured in or out of the workplace. Due to our extensive experience in representing injured workers and their survivors, we can be particularly helpful to people whose injuries are covered by workers compensation but also allow for a claim against an at-fault person or company.
We represent our clients on a contingency fee basis, and we are paid attorney fees only when we obtain recoveries for them. No “up-front” money is required and all initial consultations are free.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of others, we hope you’ll consider contacting us to discuss your legal rights and remedies. We are confident that our experience, knowledge and proven track record of success can be of benefit to you.
Experience. Respect. Results.
TIMOTHY J. McCOY
• Trial attorney representing injured workers and injury victims for over 48 years
• Member Minnesota Association of Justice (MNAJ); MTLA Board of Governors, Executive
Committee, Finance Committee, Co-chair Workers' Compensation Committee, Member of the
Year 1981 and 1994, Founders Award 2005
• Voted Super Lawyer by Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics and recognized in The Best Lawyers
in America (Woodward/White)
• Active involvement in legislative activities to preserve the rights of injured workers
• Lecturer and author for Continuing Legal Education seminars and publications on injured
• Present or former member of Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association; Hennepin
County Bar Association; Minnesota State Bar Association; American Bar Association, Association
of Trial Lawyers of America
• Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
• B.A., University of Minnesota, 1968
• University of Minnesota Law Review, 1970-1971
• J.D., University of Minnesota 1971
• Member of Bloomington Living Hope Lutheran Church, Bloomington, MN
• Past board member of various neighborhood and city-wide Minneapolis day care associations
• Past member of various Minneapolis neighborhood athletic athlegic associations for soccer and
• Past coach and manager of youth soccer and baseball
• Married with four children
• Active interest in marathon running, snow skiing, and travel
RAYMOND R. PETERSON
• Practicing in the fields of Workers' Compensation and Plaintiffs Personal Injury for 38 years
• Member of Minnesota Association for Justice; Co-chair of Workers' Compensation Committee;
former Chair of Minnesota State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and former member of
the Minnesota Association for Justice Board of Governors
• Voted Super Lawyer by Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics every year since the inception of the
award and also recognized in The Best Lawyers in American (Woodward/White)
• Rated AV by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
• B.A., cum laude, 1976, Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
• J.D., cum laude, 1980, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
• Member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, St. Paul, Minnesota
• Member of Apollo Male Chorus; Past President and member of the Board of Directors; Past
President of Apollo Foundation
• Workers' Compensation Adjunct Professor, University of St. Thomas School of Law and Mitchell
Ham line School of Law
• Judge of high school and college Mock Trial/Advocacy competitions
• Advisor, chaperone and activities coordinator for Concordia Academy High School Choir
• Married with four children, six grandchildren
• Active interest in historic home restoration, woodworking, boating, snow skiing, motorcycling
Expertise. Intuition. Ingenuity.
Throughout many years of providing this service to clients, our team has gained the experience and expertise necessary to make this process as seamless as possible. If you have any questions, simply reach out.
Regardless of your line of work, on-the-job injuries can and do occur. When you are injured while working, your medical expenses, wage loss and rehabilitation benefits are administered in accordance with Minnesota’s extensive Workers’ Compensation laws. Our lawyers, who have extensive experience representing injured workers, can assist you in understanding and obtaining the benefits to which you are entitled.
Get in Touch
100 North 6th St #445a, Minneapolis, MN 55403